COSTA RICA VOLCANOES
Volcanoes are not just an amazing example of Mother Nature’s power. Volcanoes serve an important function because their eruptions enrich the surrounding soil. As a result, the land in Costa Rica is unusually fertile. No wonder, then, that the rainforest is so lush and the crops of bananas, pineapples, coffee, sugar, and rice are so plentiful.
WHY TOUR AN ACTIVE VOLCANO IN COSTA RICA?
Visiting an active volcano is thrilling, to be sure. Mother Nature’s majesty and power is certainly on display at these sites in a dazzling array of biodiversity. Due to volcanic activity, many areas feature natural hot springs—great for soaking muscles tired from hiking up the mountains!
Nearby the volcanoes are recreational areas where you can hike, take a whitewater rafting tour, kayak, swim, ride horses, trek on your mountain bike, or make a camp.
TIPS FOR GETTING THE MOST OUT OF YOUR COSTA RICA VOLCANO TOUR
- Plan your time according to the activities that interest you at the volcano destination
- Wear sturdy shoes for hiking
- Apply bug spray and bring extra along with you
- Wear a hat and apply/bring sunscreen
- Make sure your camera is fully charged so you don’t miss capturing any moments
- Bring a ziplock bag so you can stow your electronics inside if it starts to rain
- Pack a suitable snack (fruit, energy bar, water)